d.i.y. front mudguard "Y"-brackets for Cafe-Racers, universal
incl. 16 % VAT
Cafe Racer Front fender holder kit
This shapely set facilitates the cultivation of an individual, lightweight
Mudguards made of aluminum or carbon.
It consists of a pair of lasered universal holders, inspired by the
Shape of the Y-brackets of the legendary Norton MANX, and one sentence
Stainless steel screws and ratchet nuts.
The pictured fender is not included.
Due to the generously dimensioned base plates universal fitting
for the mounting points of most motorcycle forks (dimensions see picture).
Among other things suitable for all BMW R models with 2 struts (Duolever).
- First, the fender is fixed in the desired position on the front wheel.
Here, as with all subsequent steps, to a sufficient
Distance to all components and especially to respect the tire.
- To determine the sufficient distance between tire and fender helps eg
a rubber profile or the like (see Fig. 4).
- Then the two Y-clamps are fixed, but not yet drilled.
The projection above the fender edge should be at least 30mm.
- Now mark the bending edges of the Y-bracket and then
clamped. To an arcuate, the fender cross section following bend
to reach the upper part of the two arms by light hammer blows
brought into shape. Good for this also a fäustel and a wooden block
(see Fig. 5).
- If hard bending edges are desired and no curb is available
stands the workpiece is processed by means of a (hard) wood block directly on the edge
(see Fig. 6).
- Now the mounting holes in the fender can be marked and with a 6mm
Drill to be drilled. The distance from the fender edge should experience here
Do not fall below 15mm (see Fig. 7).
- The two brackets can be, depending on taste, also below the fender
mount (see Fig. 2 and 3).
- Place the mudguard back onto the front wheel with the two brackets mounted.
Now the mounted fender at the two receiving points of the
Fork tubes are mounted, if necessary mounted after spacer sleeves
or the Y-brackets have received an additional bending edge.
- Excess material on the receiving plate can then be removed
Customers also purchased
incl. 16 % VAT excl. shipping costs